September 27, 2023
- Based in New South Wales or Victoria (remote)
- Manage satellite operations for global missions
- Build your own world class operations team from ground up
- Mission Execution – The Operations Manager is responsible for overseeing the day-to-day mission execution, including satellite tracking, data reception, and ensuring the availability of ground station equipment.
- Team Management – They lead a team of operators and technicians, assigning tasks, managing schedules, and ensuring efficient workforce utilization.
- Resource Management – Operations Managers are responsible for the efficient utilization of resources, including time, personnel, and equipment.
- Security and Compliance – Ensuring the security of data and compliance with regulations and legislation such as export controls is a critical aspect of this role.
- Emergency Response – Developing and implementing emergency response protocols for system malfunctions or external threats is an essential duty.
- Logistics Planning – ILS Managers are responsible for planning and managing the logistics of ground segment operations, including spare parts, maintenance, and supply chain management.
- Maintenance and Support – They coordinate maintenance activities to ensure the availability and reliability of ground station equipment.
- Lifecycle Management – Managing the entire lifecycle of ground segment equipment, from acquisition to disposal, is a primary responsibility.
- Cost Control – Work to control costs associated with maintenance, repair, and logistics operations.
- Documentation and Training – Maintaining comprehensive documentation and providing training for staff on maintenance procedures are crucial tasks.
About You – Qualifications and Experience:
- A bachelor's degree in a relevant field, such as aerospace engineering, telecommunications, or management, supply chain management, or a related field
- Extensive (5 years plus) experience in logistics and maintenance management, preferably in the aerospace or satellite communication, or telecommunications sectors
- Strong organizational and analytical skills
- Knowledge of supply chain principles and maintenance best practices
- Familiarity with satellite operations regulations and standards
- Extensive experience in satellite ground operations, or telecommunications operations
- Strong leadership and organizational skills
- Knowledge of satellite communication protocols and technology
- Collaboration – Must collaborate closely to ensure the seamless operation of the Satellite Ground Segment. The Operations Manager will have to work closely with the Engineering, Product and Software Teams to ensure equipment availability, while also ensuring execution of missions efficiently.
- Responsibilities – The Operations Manager's role is mission-critical, directly impacting satellite communication operations, and also needs to focus on logistics, maintenance, and support functions.
- Startup Mentality – Roll your sleeves up, do everything, new system deployments, creation of policies, frameworks, and ability to pivot, comfortable with change.
Apply now with your LinkedIn profile including contact information, and/or attach your CV if readily available.
A focused and confidential conversation is promptly available to qualified candidates.
Quasar Satellite Technologies is revolutionising global satellite to ground station communications by bringing to market an exciting new Australian technology from CSIRO and its other industry founders.
Quasar’s Ground Station as a Service (GSaaS) delivering Space Data as a Service (SDaaS) will exploit its world-leading radio antenna and applications technology to greatly increase the capacity and reduce the cost of communicating with satellites and spacecraft in Low, Medium and Geostationary orbits.
Quasar is an equal opportunity employer that empowers its people.
Who are we?
June 26, 2023
Seeking a CUDA/C++ Developer with experience in digital signal processing and an interest in SDR and SDA.
June 26, 2023
Senior RF Engineer
Seeking a Senior RF Engineer who will be part of a talented team of engineers designing and building Quasar’s Phased Array Ground Stations.