November 10, 2023
DSP Development Team Lead
- Proficiency in DSP (Digital Signal Processing) software development, including the design, implementation, and optimization of DSP algorithms.
- Good understanding of statistical signal processing, probability theory, and linear algebra.
- Proficiency in Python, with a strong focus on scientific computing using libraries such as NumPy and SciPy.
- Experience in both the research and practical implementation of machine learning techniques.
- Proficiency in managing and optimizing software development pipelines, including version control, continuous integration, and deployment processes.
- Good grasp of orbital mechanics, including the mathematical modelling and analysis of spacecraft trajectories and orbital dynamics.
- Experience in CUDA development.
- Familiarity with database design, administration, and maintenance.
Purpose and Responsibilities of the Role:
As a DSP software engineer, you will be part of a talented team of software and hardware engineers processing different types of data products streaming from Quasar's proprietary Phased Array antennas.
Quasar Phased Array antennas scan the sky to passively observe the RF environment and track multiple satellite communication bands simultaneously, serving space domain awareness (SDA) and satellite communications (SatCom) applications. DSP software engineer works closely with the software and hardware teams to design and implement DSP/ML algorithms, producing valuable signal products in both domains.
The will require you to:
- Research, develop and fine-tune complex DSP algorithms to address the unique challenges and requirements of Space Domain Awareness (SDA) and Satellite Communications (SatCom) applications.
- Implement, deploy, and maintain DSP/ML CPU and GPU engines on container orchestration systems for near real-time processing applications.
- Draft technical documentation, including design, configuration, and testing.
- Have a good understanding of the satellite operations and space industry.
- Bring or develop skills in database technologies and architecture.
We offer you:
- An exciting technical project with scope to collaborate with research groups and work on emerging technology.
- An opportunity to join a young team and shape/influence hardware design direction.
- Opportunity to grow and develop new skills as part of a truly multi-disciplinary hardware team.
- An opportunity to become an early integral member in the Australian space industry.
- Technical and industry training where it is needed.
- A team where people are prioritised and work satisfaction and happiness is of utmost importance.
Quasar Satellite Technologies is revolutionising global satellite to ground station communications by bringing to market an exciting new Australian technology from CSIRO and its other industry founders.
Quasar’s Ground Station as a Service (GSaaS) delivering Space Data as a Service (SDaaS) will exploit its world-leading radio antenna and applications technology to greatly increase the capacity and reduce the cost of communicating with satellites and spacecraft in Low, Medium and Geostationary orbits.
Quasar is an equal opportunity employer that empowers its people.
Who are we?
June 26, 2023
Seeking a CUDA/C++ Developer with experience in digital signal processing and an interest in SDR and SDA.
June 26, 2023
Senior RF Engineer
Seeking a Senior RF Engineer who will be part of a talented team of engineers designing and building Quasar’s Phased Array Ground Stations.